PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Eugene man died after officers responded to a shooting near a tavern in northeast Portland on Tuesday.
A member of the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office said Tajheondre M. Price, 27, died from homicidal violence as a result of multiple gunshot wounds.
Portland police said they received a report of gunfire around 1:30 a.m. near the Glass House Tavern.
KOIN reports that when officers arrived they found a man lying on the sidewalk suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
During the initial investigation, staff at a local hospital told dispatch that a man arrived at the hospital's emergency department by private vehicle. He was suffering from a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Officers believe the man was injured in the shooting.
- Eugene man dies in shooting near Portland tavern
- Man critically wounded in Portland shooting
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Uber passenger dies in Portland crash
- Man killed in Portland officer-involved shooting identified
- Portland police shoot man armed with knife in downtown building
- Portland police make arrest in fatal shooting
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting
- Portland gang members coming to Eugene, police say