JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- An 81-year-old Eugene man died in a crash at Territorial Highway and High Pass Road west of Junction City on Friday, Oregon State Police said.
Police said Russell Nickerson was driving a Chevy Cavalier west on High Pass Road at about 10:20 a.m., and failed to stop at the intersection. He was hit by a Ford Econoline Van, driven by Cary Ramsay, 55, of Eugene.
Nickerson was pronounced dead at the scene. Ramsay was taken to Riverbend Hospital with serious injuries.
The highway was closed for about four hours after the crash.
The Oregon Department of Transportation, Junction City Fire and Lane Fire Authority assisted.
- Eugene man dies in crash on Territorial Highway
- Territorial Highway reopens after crash near Junction City
- Eugene man dies in two-vehicle crash on Highway 58
- Eugene man dies in crash on Highway 58
- 73-year-old Blachly man dies in crash on Highway 36
- Vida man dies in fatal crash on Highway 126
- Bandon man dies in motorcycle crash on Highway 101
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Winston man dies in crash
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126