JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- An 81-year-old Eugene man died in a crash at Territorial Highway and High Pass Road west of Junction City on Friday, Oregon State Police said.
Police said Russell Nickerson was driving a Chevy Cavalier west on High Pass Road at about 10:20 a.m., and failed to stop at the intersection. He was hit by a Ford Econoline Van, driven by Cary Ramsay, 55, of Eugene.
Nickerson was pronounced dead at the scene. Ramsay was taken to Riverbend Hospital with serious injuries.
The highway was closed for about four hours after the crash.
The Oregon Department of Transportation, Junction City Fire and Lane Fire Authority assisted.
- Eugene man dies in crash on Territorial Highway
- Territorial Highway reopens after crash near Junction City
- Vida man dies in fatal crash on Highway 126
- Winston man dies in crash
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash
- Pedestrian dies after crash on Highway 36 near Cheshire
- Man dies after being struck by SUV on Highway 101
- Glendale man dies after crashing into tree