EUGENE, Ore. - Eugene Police arrested 35-year old Donald Haney for Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Trespass.
Police said around 11:30 Wednesday morning, they received a report that Haney was yelling racial slurs at people at the Eugene Public Library.
Officers said a security guard initially responded to complaints, and say that when Hanley was found in a heated argument with a woman.
Police said the security guard, who is African-American, reportedly tried to intervene but said Haney then targeted racial slurs towards her.
They said he also threatened to return and shoot or stab her.
Police said during the incident, children were around and it was noticeably upsetting to them.
Police said when officers arrived, they did not find Haney.
They said he was later found just after midnight Thursday morning.
- Eugene man arrested for allegedly threatening a security guard
- Man found guilty of murdering Eugene security guard
- Security guard killed in overnight shooting in Eugene
- Attorneys: Eugene security guard killing was self-defense
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Man arrested after allegedly injuring 1 in Eugene stabbing
- Eugene man allegedly rear-ends detective
- Murder trial starts for man accused of killing security guard in Eugene
- Eugene police arrest wanted man