EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene flower shop is helping spread some smiles ad part of the "Petal it Forward" campaign.
It's an annual event that calls attention to the positive impact of giving and receiving flowers.
Strangers and florists, like Dandelions owner Krystal Vincent, handed out flowers just to brighten people's days.
"Science has shown that flowers make everyone happy, so it feels really good to give people flowers and they actually get to experience that as well, something that we get to do here everyday," Vincent said. "They get the chance to get flowers as well as receive them."
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Florists.
- Eugene flower shop 'Petals it Forward'
- Gunman robs Eugene vape shop
- Eugene moving forward with stricter firework restrictions
- Eugene moves forward with railroad 'quiet zones'
- Eugene barber shop frustrated over broken windows
- Eugene ski shop sees spike in business
- 'Save the Bees' plan moves forward in Eugene
- Dandelions Flowers prepares for UO graduation ceremonies
- Small bike shops raise concerns about Eugene bike share program
- Two Eugene marijuana shops caught selling marijuana to minors