UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family

The Fire Marshal determined it was an accidental electrical fire.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 10:07 AM
Updated: Dec 8, 2018 9:13 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- A family has been displaced after an electrical fire started in their basement late Friday night.

The Fire Marshal said there was no working smoke alarms in the house. He said this is a good reminder for people to occasionally check their alarms to make sure they're working in case of a fire. 

Fire crews responded to the fire around 10:00 p.m. near 11th and Monroe in Eugene. 

Officials said a man woke up to smoke filling his home. Fire crews said they were able to put the fire out quickly, but there was some damage caused.

The family should be able to move back into the home within the next few days.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 32994

Reported Deaths: 547
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah7204138
Marion469594
Washington454060
Umatilla298741
Clackamas242061
Malheur163327
Lane123417
Jackson11615
Deschutes85212
Yamhill76213
Jefferson5418
Polk53215
Linn52213
Morrow5056
Lincoln48213
Union4462
Benton3146
Wasco2963
Klamath2802
Hood River2520
Douglas2334
Clatsop2170
Josephine1982
Columbia1791
Coos1570
Baker942
Crook621
Tillamook530
Lake330
Curry310
Wallowa311
Sherman180
Harney120
Grant100
Gilliam80
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Broken Clouds
60° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 60°
Corvallis
Clear
61° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 61°
Roseburg
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 96° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 60°
North Bend
Clear
68° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 68°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events