SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A paramedic with the Eugene-Springfield Fire Department is in the Lane County Jail, booked on rape and drug charges.
Fire department officials confirmed that Edward Blake, 43, is an employee of the department.
Springfield police say the investigation into Blake began on Sept. 11, when a woman reported she had been sexually assaulted and drugged.
Blake, who has a Cheshire address, is being held on a charge of first-degree rape and causing a person to ingest a controlled substance. He was taken into custody at his residence without incident.
The investigation is ongoing and Springfield police encourage anyone with information about this case to contact detectives at 541-726-3721.
- Eugene-Springfield paramedic arrested on rape charges
- Paramedic accused of rape facing more charges
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Paramedic accused of rape held on $350,000 bail
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- NCU student arrested on rape charges
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape
- Springfield man arrested on felony drug charges
- Rape suspect arrested in traffic stop in Eugene
- Driver arrested after police chase through Eugene and Springfield