EUGENE, Ore. -- The Eugene Springfield Fire Department is getting ready to add a new ladder truck to their fleet.
Battalion Chief Scott Bishop said the new ladder truck will replace an older model at Fire Station 1 at 13th Avenue and Willamette Street. Its ladder can extend to a little more than 100 feet. They have already purchased the truck for close to $1.2 million. Bishop said crews are still training on it and it’s being outfitted with new equipment.
“It’s an integral part of any first alarm response, and that's because of the equipment, preparation and the vehicle itself the truck company crew brings to the scene,” Bishop said.
Bishop said the truck should be in service by sometime in August.
- Eugene Springfield Fire Department gets new fire truck
- Fire protection rating improves for Eugene-Springfield Fire Department
- Eugene Springfield Fire introduces PulsePoint app
- Eugene Springfield Fire welcomes 14 new firefighters
- Eugene Springfield fire chief resigns unexpectedly
- Eugene Springfield Fire releases annual report
- Springfield fire under investigation
- Springfield trucking company brings supplies to Camp Fire victims
- Eugene-Springfield fire crews arrive in Santa Rosa
- Eugene Springfield Fire camp helps young women find confidence