EUGENE, Ore. -- The Eugene School Board has announced three finalists who are being considered to fill a vacant spot.
The board will appoint a new member to the board Thursday evening.
Out of 15 applicants, the three finalists chosen are Gary Campbell, Maya Rabasa and Jim Torrey.
Those candidates will be interviewed for a second time in a work session from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The board will then select one candidate to serve on the school board through June 2021.
The district is working to fill a position vacated by an elected board member, Evangelina Sundgrenz, who moved out of state with her family.
School board meetings and work sessions are held at the 4J Education Center, located at 200 N. Monroe St.,
and are open to the public.
- Eugene School Board announces finalists for vacant position
- 4J school board appoints Jim Torrey to fill vacant position
- Springfield School Board to interview candidates for vacant seat
- Finalists announced for EWEB Greenpower grant program
- City of Eugene names finalists for police chief
- Eugene invites you to meet the police chief finalists
- Eugene 4J School Board approves new fall schedules
- Fire destroys vacant house in Newport
- Crews investigate vacant house fire in Lebanon
- Vacant home catches fire overnight in Lebanon