EUGENE, Ore. -- Three police officers were assaulted after responding to a call of nine people fighting on the 4500 block of Avalon Street in Eugene on Sunday night.
Officials said when officers showed up, they couldn't find the fight that was reported but were eventually pointed to a home on Avalon Street.
That's when the officers said they could hear and see a woman being assaulted inside the home. When the officers rushed inside, they said people started grabbing and punching them from all angles.
Officials said one officer was knocked to the ground, and Jesus Moreno, 28, stood over him and punched him, including in the face. Another officer tried to use a Taser on Moreno, but it didn't work.
Police said Evelyn Quezada, 26, grabbed onto officers and tried to keep them from detaining people, then Jose Gonzalez, 28, followed officers outside and struggled with them. Police said when officers tried to use a Taser on Gonzalez, he tried to take the Taser and was arrested.
There were about 15 intoxicated and disorderly people at the home and at least one small child, according to police.
All three of the suspects are in jail.
- Eugene Police officers assaulted during call to street fight
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Eugene officers hospitalized after fight with suspect
- Police investigating assault in downtown Eugene
- Eugene Police promote safety at Sunday Streets
- Eugene Police Department unveils Street Crimes Unit
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Eugene police meet 10-year-old officer
- Eugene Police confirm officer-involved shooting
- Eugene police search for suspect in attempted assault