EUGENE, Ore. – The Eugene Police Department is welcoming its newest addition to the force Wednesday.
K9 Cwyk (pronounced ‘Quick’) will be handled by Officer Rob Griesel. The two started a 4-week training program in mid-November.
Officer Griesel said Cwyk will be a great replacement for K9 Blek, who was struck and killed by a hit and run driver on November 10, 2017.
“We have a great start with Cwyk here, I think he’s going to be a phenomenal replacement, he’s not going to be Blek and we know that,” Griesel said. “I think he’s going to be pretty amazing dog in his own right.”
K9 Cwyk and Officer Griesel are expected to complete the program by December 13, 2017.
- Eugene Police Department introduces K-9 Cwyk
- Police dog Cwyk captures three suspects in 24 hours
- Hit and run driver kills a Eugene Police K-9
- Eugene Ems introduce new inclusivity plan
- Eugene Springfield Fire introduces PulsePoint app
- The Eugene Police Department is hiring
- Eugene Police Department unveils Street Crimes Unit
- K-9 units sniff out accused armed thief in Eugene field
- Career fair introduces Eugene, Springfield students to trade jobs
- Eugene Police Department shares back-to-school biking tips