EUGENE, Ore. – Hundreds of people gathered at the Eugene Mission Thursday afternoon to celebrate Thanksgiving and to enjoy a warm meal.
The Mission's cafeteria was packed Thanksgiving afternoon. Staff said they made 100 turkeys, had 25 gallons of gravy, and had pounds and pounds of stuffing, cranberry sauce and vegetables for their guests. They also said they had a variety of desserts and pies.
With all that food, staff said they were able to serve about 500 meals Thursday.
KEZI spoke to one woman who was able to enjoy one of those meals. She said she's thankful for all the kindness and services the Mission provides.
"I’m grateful for a number of things, I’m grateful for my friends and my family and the community here and I’m thankful for the mission, a roof over my head, warm place to sleep," said Carrie Denny.
The Mission also hosted a breakfast Thursday morning where they said they served more than 300 people. Staff said their breakfast and dinner couldn't have been a success without their more than 60 volunteers that stepped up to help out.
The Mission plans on hosting a similar type of dinner on Christmas day.
- Eugene Mission hosts hundreds of people for Thanksgiving dinner
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- Eugene Mission receives hundreds of new coats
- Eugene Mission kitchen opens for Thanksgiving
- Preparations underway for annual 'Whiteaker Thanksgiving Dinner'
- Bruno Mars providing 24K Thanksgiving dinners
- Hundreds turned out to the 29th annual Whiteaker Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Mission accomplished: Eugene Mission finds home for resident
- The Eugene mission needs diapers donated
- Eugene Mission benefits from the Ultimate ThanksGIVEaway