EUGENE, Ore. -- The second-annual Market Fest will be held on 5th Avenue this weekend, and it’s free.
Organizers said there’ll be a cooking competition, local musicians, crazy cocktail concoctions and more, and it’s a family-friendly event.
They said with the help of sponsors, vendors donating a percentage of their sales and raffles and auctions at the event, they will be using the fest to give back to local nonprofit Cornerstone Community Housing. The nonprofit works to build affordable housing for people on limited incomes.
The event kicks off Friday, from 5 to 9:30 p.m., and picks back up on Saturday, from 2 to 9:30 p.m. A ticketed community brunch will be held Sunday starting at 10 a.m., but there will be no festival activities that day.
The fest is being held along 5th Avenue between Oak and High streets.
Organizers said marijuana, firearms and fireworks are prohibited at the festival. Well-behaved dogs on leashes are allowed.
For the full schedule and more information about Market Fest, click here.
- Eugene Market Fest set for this weekend
- Food Truck Fest raises money for the Eugene Mission
- Farmers Market opens Saturday in downtown Eugene
- Eugene Saturday Market kicks off 50th year
- 49th Annual Saturday Market opens this weekend
- Eugene emergency preparedness fair set for Wednesday
- Leaf pickup starts this weekend in Eugene
- Eugene could change height restrictions for 5th Street Market
- Eugene Holiday Market's brings out last minute Christmas shoppers
- Northwest RC Monster Fest 2018 takes flight