EUGENE, Ore. -- Holiday travel is one of the busiest times of the year for the Eugene Airport.
Airport officials say about 37,000 passengers are expected to travel through the Eugene airport from December 19th to January 1st.
They said they expect the day after Christmas to be the busiest travel day.
“We fly into Utah before we fly into Boston so I wonder how it’s going to be on our way back because Boston is generally very busy,” HIlery Kirkman said. ”It’s the 26th that we fly back so I imagine there will be more traffic there.”
Officials at the Eugene airport advice arriving two hours before your scheduled flight time. They said this should allow for plenty of time to go through check-in, security lines, and get to your travel gate.
They said it’s also important check-in online at least 24 hours before departure and print out your boarding pass.
As to packing, they recommend not wrapping gifts that you may be traveling with.
Megan Lewien said she is travelling with gifts, but did not wrap them.
“A fellow colleague of mine was going through the airport with a wrapped gift and he got searched and they unwrapped the gift.”
Along with luggage, they also recommend travelers to pack a lot of patience as they are expected to navigate busy roads and bustling airports.
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips
- Eugene Airport offers travel tips for Thanksgiving
- Eugene Airport braces for holiday travel
- Holiday travelers enjoy the convenience of Eugene Airport
- Eugene Airport braces for busy summer travel
- Travelers face rental car shortage at Eugene Airport
- Eugene social media expert shares tips on etiquette
- Eugene Police Department shares back-to-school biking tips
- Travelers, gas stations prepare for holiday travel
- Eugene bike share station vandalized