EUGENE, Ore. -- Airports around the country are gearing up for holiday travels, and in Eugene on Wednesday over 2,000 people flew out of the airport.
Between getting to the airport, checking-in, checking your bags and getting through security, there's a lot that goes into getting you to your gate, and the Eugene Airport wants to make sure they're able to help you do that quickly.
However, travelers like Eugene resident Kelly Perron have already experienced delays and cancellations this Thanksgiving season.
"Well, today is day two, because we were here yesterday morning at the same time, and our flight going to Seattle was fogged in," Perron said. "So, we are trying again today. So, we were here six hours yesterday, but we're hopeful today. The rain came in, and no fog in Seattle so far."
Earlier on Wednesday evening, University of Oregon golfer Madi Daniel said her flight to San Francisco was delayed because of smoke from the California wildfires.
"For a flight to already be delayed three and a half hours -- I don't know if they can even predict that that far in advance, so I'm hoping to get out a little earlier," Daniel said. "If we leave here any later than six o'clock, I'm not going to make my connection."
For those flights that aren't delayed, airports suggest you arrive at least two hours early to check-in, check your bags, and get through security.
You can also check-in online and use kiosks near the airline counters to check your luggage yourself.
The Portland International Airport is expecting a record-breaking number of passengers this week.
Many people were waiting for flights before dawn on Wednesday.
"I have not slept, so I'm just going to try to keep this thing going," one passenger said. "So, you know, sleep on the plane."
The airport asks you to make sure you're checking the status of your flight over the next couple of days, to make sure your flight isn't delayed or cancelled when you show up to the airport.
- Eugene Airport offers travel tips for Thanksgiving
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips
- Eugene Airport braces for busy summer travel
- Eugene police offer spring break safety tips
- Travelers face rental car shortage at Eugene Airport
- Holiday travelers enjoy the convenience of Eugene Airport
- Eugene Airport will offer new nonstop flight to San Diego
- Road construction underway as Thanksgiving travel begins
- Thanksgiving: Holiday travel updates, forecasts & more
- Eugene Airport adds new security screening lane