Photo Gallery 1 Images
NORTH BEND, Ore. -- Around 10:14 Tuesday night, the North Bend Police Department dispatch center received several 911 calls reporting the sounds of gunfire and screaming.
Emergency responders rushed to 3516 Chester St. Inside the home, officers found Leslie Mason, 53, dead from what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds.
Officers also found Mason's daughter, Lindsay Pease, 28, with several gunshot wounds, North Bend police said. Paramedics rushed Pease to Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay for surgery. She was then flown to OHSU in Portland, where she is listed in "fairly stable" condition, police said.
First responders said Pease's three young children were at the shooting scene but were not hurt.
Neighbors reported seeing Mason's estranged husband, Glen Mason, leaving the shooting scene. They said when they tried to stop Mason, he opened fire in their direction. Police said one neighbor returned fire with their personal firearm.
Police determined that Glen Mason had returned to his home at 68093 Ridge Road. Officers said that with the help of the Coos County Emergency Response Team, Mason came out of his home and surrendered to police.
Mason is being held in Coos County Jail on charges of murder, three counts of attempted murder and one count of first-degree assault. He will be in court Thursday morning.
- North Bend woman killed; estranged husband charged with murder
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- Woman dies in two-vehicle crash near North Bend
- Woman killed near Bend, person of interest held
- Husband arrested for murder of woman found near Camp Namanu
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Poverty simulation coming to North Bend