LANE COUNTY, Ore. – The Lane County Equity and Access Advisory Board is hosting a virtual listening session on Tuesday.
It’s the first in a series that aims to hear from the community about what can be done to achieve racial equity in local communities.
Tuesday night, the focus will be on mental health. They hope to hear from frontline workers, people who receive mental health services, and those who work in or are interested in the mental health system in the county.
The session goes from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Participants need to pre-register here.
Here are the plans for future sessions:
- General Listening Session on Tuesday, August 18, 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Health Listening Session on Thursday, August 20, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Juvenile Justice Listening Session on Tuesday, September 1, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- General Listening Session on Wednesday, September 2, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Economic Justice on Thursday, September 3, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Public Safety Interest Listening Session, Wednesday, September 9, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Sesión General de Escuchar (en español), Miércoles 16 de Septiembre, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
The ideas that come out of the meetings will be shared with the board of county commissioners on Oct. 6.