Eugene, OR -- The Eugene Emeralds held a block party for fans at PK Park.
Emerald faithful were able to meet new manager Lance Rymel as well as enjoy food and refreshments.
The club also had bounce houses, bean bag toss and a home run derby for kids.
"It feels great," Rymel said. "Obviously a beautiful city, beautiful atmosphere. We have really good fans."
Rymel has been in the Chicago Cubs organization for four seasons including manager of the Cubs' Dominican Summer League 1 team.
"I'm fortunate enough to be in this manager position," Rymel said. "I think I have a lot of feel as a manager. It wasn't that so long ago I was actually playing on this field. I can kind of know what they're going through and they're experience and kind of help them out and push them through to the next level."
The Emeralds open up the season against the Hillsboro Hops at 7:05 p.m. on June 14 at PK Park.
- Emeralds hold block party for fans
- Fans celebrate Eugene Emeralds NWL Championship
- Emeralds fan experience an integral part of game day
- Eugene holding Town Square Block Party to reveal design concepts
- Eugene Emeralds host Fireworks Night
- Pet of the Week: Emerald
- Annual Whiteaker Block Party was held Saturday
- Emerald Park wading pool reopens as heat on the rise
- Eugene Emeralds win Northwest League Championship with walk-off balk
- Teen teams up with Eugene Emeralds for suicide prevention fundraiser