ELMIRA, Ore. – Deputies arrested an Elmira man after he barricaded himself inside a home for several hours.
Lane County deputies said Michael Faragher, 30, was inside a home on Faulhaber Road at around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. They said the man was in direct violation of a restraining order.
When officers arrived, they said Faragher threatened them with a large hunting knife and a hammer. At that point, officers tried to negotiate with him, but they said the man then threatened to kill anyone who attempted to arrest him.
Deputies introduced chemical agents. Five minutes later, Faragher surrendered and deputies arrested him.
He's booked in the Lane County Jail on charges of Violation of a Restraining Order, Menacing, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, and Attempted Assault on a Public Safety Officer.
- Elmira man arrested after barricading himself inside home
- Man arrested after barricading himself inside home, guns seized
- Man barricaded in SW Eugene home
- Man arrested after barricading himself in Eugene home
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment
- Barricaded man now in custody, authorities say
- Crews go through fire training in Elmira
- Woman killed in crash near Elmira
- Bus carrying baseball team crashes in Elmira
- Elmira man claims he was stiffed after Camp Fire