EUGENE, Ore. -- Water heaters are the second largest energy user in your home, and some Emerald People’s Utility District customers can get a new one for free.
EPUD is offering up to a $700 rebate for customers who buy a new Rheem Prestige Hybrid Electric Water Heater. The water heater costs $649, so you would get back all your money.
“So this is a win-win for everyone,” EPUD Energy Services Specialist Tyler Boehringer said. “It’s a win for EPUD because it reduces the amount of expensive power that we have to purchase on the market to supply our customers. And for our customers, it’s a win because now they are able to purchase a water heater, get reimbursed for up to 100 percent of the cost, and now they’re saving money and energy every single month."
The water heater will save you an average of $240 a year.
The offer runs through the end of the year, and you have to turn in your receipt within 90 days of buying it.
- EPUD offering rebate for hybrid electric water heater
- EPUD customers targeted by scam
- Customers push back on EPUD rate increases
- Kicker rebates will decrease for Oregonians
- EPUD to examine billing system after customer outrage
- Might Oregon kill 'kicker tax' rebate to help education?
- Oregon House speaker wants to cut tax rebate in half
- Space heater may be to blame in fire, safety tips offered
- UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family
- Keizer offers drinking water to Salem after advisory