EUGENE, Ore. -- Dutch Bros Coffee shops across the region are gearing up for the 12th annual "Drink one for Dane" fundraiser.
The initiative raises money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The fundraiser is the biggest giveback event on the Dutch Bros calendar.
All sales proceeds from Friday, May 11, are dedicated to the MDA's work in finding a cure for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
This year, Dutch Bros said it wants to hit the $1 million dollar mark.
The company host the annual fundraiser in honor of its co-founder, Dane Boersma, who died from ALS in 2009.
- Dutch Bros gears up for its "Drink one for Dane" fundraiser
- Dutch Bros holds Valentine's Day fundraiser to help feed the hungry
- Dutch Bros. on W. 11th robbed at gunpoint
- Roseburg Dutch Bros locations burglarized late Monday night
- Dutch Bros to hold 'Buck for Kids' day on Friday
- Three Dutch workers killed in car crash north of Salem
- Runners gear up for Butte to Butte
- Cabela's reels in old gear for charity
- GEARS hosts 21st annual Blackberry Bramble
- Plane's nose gear fails at Eugene Airport