Las Vegas, NEV -- Oregon men's basketball is advancing to the Pac-12 Tournament Championship game after a thrilling overtime win over Arizona State, 79-75.
The Ducks were up by three in the final seconds of the overtime when ASU's Lou Dort hit the back of the rim on a potential game-tying three-pointer.
The Ducks outscored the Sun Devils 12-8 in the overtime.
"We absolutely needed this game. We came into the arena with that on our mind," forward Kenny Wooten said. "We knew that we wanted to get into the NCAA Tournament. I think this is going to give us a little boost in trying to get there. That's going to be the plan."
ASU had multiple opportunities to take the lead in the final seconds of regulation. Sun Devils' guard Remy Martin missed a contested go-ahead jumper. After Arizona State grabbed the offensive rebound, Rob Edwards fell short on a three-pointer as the second half ended.
The Ducks received double-digit scoring performances from four different players led by Louis King's 19 points.
Payton Pritchard added 18 points while Paul White recorded 14 and Ehab Amin scored 13.
However, it was the Ducks' defense that saved them once again. They held the Sun Devils to 37 percent shooting in the first half, 40 percent for the game. The Ducks also forced 14 turnovers recording 10 blocked shots.
"We just wanted good shots but it was really on the defensive end," Pritchard said. "We wanted to force them into tough shots. We knew they were going to drive. that's what they've been doing all game. We stood in front, we made them take tough shots and we pulled away with it."
The Ducks will match up with top-seeded Washington in the conference title game. Oregon split the regular season series with the Huskies.
Tip off is set for 7:30 p.m. from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
- Ducks win ovetime thriller, advance to Pac-12 title game
- Duck seniors feel meaning behind Pac-12 title game berth
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Oregon advances to Pac-12 Championship Game
- Fans thrilled after Ducks win Pac-12 Championship
- Ducks outlast UCLA in OT, advance to Pac-12 championship
- Ducks take Pac-12 crown, advance to NCAA Tournament
- Ducks set sights on Pac-12 title game, OL Hanson to return
- Lucas hits game winner, OSU advances in Pac-12 tournament
- Ducks open Pac-12 play with win over Colorado