Eugene, OR -- When the Ducks take the field in Texas for week one of the regular season they'll be facing a quarterback who hasn't played one minute of college football.
Auburn announced true freshman Bo Nix will be the starter in the opener against Oregon.
"If he wins the job that's what he's going to be playing like, I'm assuming," linebacker La'Mar Winston said. "It's the normal preparation, normal type of deal. You just take it and go with it."
Linebacker Troy Dye says he'll be looking at high school video of Nix in order gain insight.
"He's a great athlete," linebacker Troy Dye said. "He goes to a top school in a division I program. He's a starting quarterback for a division I team. You can't overlook that stuff. You got to go out there and prepare like he's been there for four years and been playing like he's on the Heisman watch list."
Oregon will take on Auburn on Auburn 31 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Ducks defense preparing for freshman QB
- Ducks' defense prepares for Auburn's offensive attack
- Ducks defense propels them to quarterfinals
- Ducks prepare for Pac-12 Track Championships
- Ducks prepare for upcoming cross country season
- Ducks enjoy limelight, prepare for homestand vs. Arizona, ASU
- Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Ducks begin preseason practice
- Duck, Beaver Roundup