EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon men's basketball begins its preseason practices on Friday.
Key returners include senior Payton Pritchard and sophomores Will Richardson and Frances Okoro.
The team includes a lot of new faces headlined by New Mexico graduate transfer Anthony Mathis and UNLV transfer Shakur Juston. Mathis was Pritchard's high school teammate.
Oregon also added five freshman in the offseason. Pritchard believes the team has potential.
"I don't think we're starting over I think we got a lot of experience," Pritchard said. "Guys are already gelling really well. It's going well right now. I think this group is a lot farther. I would compare it to my freshman year of how guys are learning and moving along."
Oregon has an intersquad scrimmage on October 30 before opening the season November 5 at home against Fresno State.
- Ducks begin preseason practice
- Ducks return to diamond for practice
- Ducks rank no. 18 in AVCA preseason poll
- Juwan Johnson sees first practice action with Ducks
- Oregon softball begins practice ahead of 2020 season
- Blitzing the Preseason: Marist Spartans
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Blitzing the Preseason: Willamette Wolverines
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Blitzing the Preseason: McKenzie Eagles