Photo Gallery 2 Images
ALBANY, Ore. – A Mill City man was trapped inside a car after an accident on I-5 on Tuesday.
Police say it happened southbound near milepost 228 around 2:15 a.m.
Troopers said Dalton Robert Roland Davis, 23, was taken to the hospital after getting trapped in his car. They said Davis told them he used meth eight to ten hours before the crash and didn't think he was impaired. He told troopers he remembered passing a vehicle on the interstate, merging into the slow lane, and suddenly being awakened by the rumble strips on the road. Davis said when he woke up it was too late to react and he crashed into the guardrail.
Davis was cited for careless driving, driving uninsured, and driving with a suspended license.
Multiple agencies including Albany and Tangent Fire, Oregon State Patrol, Lane County Sheriff’s Office and ODOT were on the scene.
- Driver pinned by guardrail after wreck on I-5
- One killed, another injured in I-5 wreck near Cottage Grove
- Elmira bus crashes into a guardrail and parents aren't notified
- Police: Man nearly strikes woman on Beltline, crashes into guardrail
- Crews ask drivers to use caution near I-5 fire
- Springfield family searching for driver in hit-and-run wreck
- California man accused of carjacking on I-5
- 5 Horses Killed, Owners Injured on I-5
- Motorcycle accident closes ramp onto I-5
- Motorcyclist arrested for flying down I-5