SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A driver and a pedestrian have been cited after a crash on Pioneer Parkway East and Centennial Boulevard Wednesday afternoon.
Police responded to the area just before 2 p.m.
Investigators said James Holt of Springfield crossed the street, even though the walk sign was not on. Fermin Perez Torress of Springfield was driving a 1994 Honda Accord when he hit Holt. Police said he was driving at a lower speed and remained on scene, but he did not have a valid Oregon driver’s license.
Holt was taken to the hospital but the extent of his injuries are not known.
Springfield Police’s Major Accident Investigation Team is looking into the crash. If you witnessed the crash or have information, contact police at 541-726-3714.
- Driver, pedestrian cited in crash on Pioneer Parkway and Centennial
- Pioneer Parkway reopens after long closure
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Driver cited for DUII after crash in Lane County
- Driver cited for DUII after crash on I-5
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- Police identify driver, pedestrian in fatal Junction City crash
- Driver cited after train hits semi truck in Eugene
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida