NORTH BEND, Ore. -- A pedestrian was hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in North Bend on Monday, police said.
At about 4:30 p.m., a 70-year-old North Bend man was crossing Sherman Avenue at Florida Street in the north crosswalk when a 60-year-old North Bend man turned left onto northbound Sherman Avenue and hit him.
Police said the pedestrian had a walk signal. He was taken to Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay with serious injuries. The driver was cited for failing to yield.
There was heavy rain and traffic on Monday, police said, adding that drivers should be cautious, as visibility is poor this time of year.
- Driver hits 70-year-old pedestrian in North Bend
- Driver flees after crashing into North Bend school bus
- Pedestrian hit and killed by driver in Springfield
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Poverty simulation coming to North Bend
- Two-A-Days: North Bend Bulldogs
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave