SWEET HOME, Ore. – A driver is dead after a Tuesday afternoon two-vehicle crash on Highway 20 east of Sweet Home.
Scott A. Wartena, 76, of Sweet Home died Wednesday at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash, Oregon State Police said.
Oregon State Police and the Sweet Home Fire Department responded to the crash at about 2 p.m.
Initial investigation revealed that Wartena was traveling westbound when, for an unknown reason, swerved his 2001 Pontiac van back and forth in both lanes of travel.
Linda K. Phillips, 69, of Boring was traveling eastbound in a 2006 Ford Explorer and unsuccessfully attempted to avoid a collision with Wartena’s van.
The vehicles hit head-on near the fogline of the eastbound lane.
All involved were transported to area hospitals at the time.
- Driver dead after Highway 20 crash near Sweet Home
- At least one dead after Sweet Home crash
- Man dead after shooting near Sweet Home
- Police investigate crash in Sweet Home
- Motorcyclist killed in crash near Sweet Home
- Cougar killed in Sweet Home
- 2 dead in crash on Highway 99
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home
- Two-A-Days: Sweet Home Huskies