COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. - Lane County deputies had to rescue an intoxicated driver Friday morning from the river on Sears Road.
The emergency call came in around 1:41 a.m. The crash happened in a rural area between Cottage Grove and Saginaw.
After ending up in the water, investigators said the driver swam to an island in the river. Deputies had to bring in a boat to rescue him. Emergency responders evaluated him, then deputies handcuffed the man.
Check back for updates as we are working to get the name of the suspect and what charges he faces.
- Driver arrested after plunging into river
- Polar Plunge draws hundreds of people into the Willamette River
- Hundreds run into freezing Willamette river for 2019 Eugene Polar Plunge
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- Brrr! The Polar Plunge is almost here
- Driver arrested after police chase in Eugene
- River Guardians cleaning up the Willamette River
- Semi-truck plunges into pool owned by Portland Trail Blazer
- Tram report cites inadequate hardware in panel plunge