ROSEBURG, Ore. - At the Urban Renewal District meeting on Monday, November 13th, the contract for phase two of the improvements was awarded to the same design company that did phase one, i.e. Engineering Inc.
The Urban Renewal Fund said phase two is not to exceed $99,100.
Phase one put four intersections downtown under construction. They were brought up to the Americans with Disabilities Act's standards and given themes.
Many community members were frustrated with the construction and felt it hurt business owners in the area.
Executive Director of the Downtown Roseburg Association, Alyssa McConnel, said she believes that was simply because of a lack of communication and advertisement. She said she will make sure businesses open during construction and alternate routes are properly advertised this time, and she's excited to see the end result.
In phase two six intersections will undergo the same construction as with phase one, but not at the same time.
Construction is expected to begin in spring and finish up in fall of 2018.
- Downtown Roseburg improvement designs are underway
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Eugene nearing end of design phase for Downtown Riverfront Park
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Annual giant pumpkin carving underway in downtown Eugene
- Elementary students help design playground
- Roseburg plans road construction projects
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Human remains found in Roseburg