GLIDE, Ore. -- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office deputies located the vehicle of two missing Douglas County men Sunday around 4 p.m. Derwin Young, 60, of Roseburg was pronounced deceased at the scene, and Charles Powell, 66, of Myrtle Creek is in critical condition.
Family members reported the two missing at 10:26 a.m. Sunday. Young and Powell had been camping at White Creek campground and gone for a drive to the area of Emile Park off of Little River Road. Family members became concerned when the pair did not return.
Deputies and Search and Rescue volunteers combed the area and located the 1997 Toyota Rav 4 over an embankment along the river.
Crews from the Glide Fire Department and Bay Cities Ambulance were dispatched to the scene. Powell was extricated from the vehicle by fire personnel and flown from the scene by Lifeflight to Sacred Heart Hospital at RiverBend.
The crash is under investigation. Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor.
- Douglas deputies find missing men in fatal crash
- Two Douglas County men killed in crash
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Douglas Co. deputies alert residents of scam
- Douglas County Sheriff's Deputies to carry naloxone
- Douglas County Deputies need help identifying human remains
- Douglas County deputies led on chase up and down I-5
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes
- Deputies investigating after man found dead in Douglas County
- Burglary suspect surrenders to deputies in Douglas County