Photo Gallery 3 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. - The Douglas County Student Art Exhibit opened Friday, Jan. 26. thanks to the Umpqua Valley Arts Association (UVAA).
Art made by students all over Douglas County in grades K-12 is being displayed.
On Friday, one of the high school pieces was selected for a cash prize. This year's juror is Morgan Krepky.
Members of the UVAA said this is an event their proud to continue to host. They believe it provides a lot of value to the community and to the children who create the art.
”There’s just so much expressed in each of the pieces, and you can literally come here every day and see something new and different every time," said Sandee McGee, the gallery manager.
The exhibit opened at 5 pm on Friday, January 26, and will run through March 8.
- Douglas County gallery holds student art exhibit
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office holds scenario based training
- Douglas County Law Enforcement Agencies hold Peace Officer Memorial
- Douglas County holds budget meetings for upcoming fiscal year
- South Douglas County YMCA to hold water safety day
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Student in Douglas County arrested for threat made in January
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Photo Gallery: Oregon vs. Stanford Football