CRESWELL, Ore. -- A Creswell man who needed a prosthetic leg died on Tuesday, his family confirmed.
In August, Doug Soy's daughter raised thousands to help her father, who had the bottom part of his leg amputated as the result of an infection.
KEZI 9 News featured Summer Bell's car wash fundraiser, which was held Aug. 18. She raised about $4,500.
Echo, the mother of Doug's children, said he received too much fluid on Saturday at his dialysis appointment sine his blood pressure was low. Summer found him on the couch unresponsive.
"Last night he was laughing and playing with the children and went to sleep happy," Bell's family told KEZI.
After a long struggle with a variety of health issues, Doug died at RiverBend Hospital.
He leaves behind six children.
- Creswell man in need of prosthetic leg dies
- Creswell girl raising money for dad's prosthetic leg
- Creswell girl raises $4,500 for dad's prosthetic leg
- Man hospitalized following Creswell shooting
- Creswell man arrested in stabbing
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Two-A-Days: Creswell Bulldogs