Photo Gallery 6 Images
Sunshine Mills is recalling several varieties of dog food it manufactures, because they may contain elevated levels of Vitamin D.
Affected brands include Evolve Puppy, Sportsman's Pride Large Breed Puppy and Triumph Chicken and Rice Dog Food.
The bags have a best buy date of November 1, 2017 through November 8, 2019.
These products were distributed nationwide.
Too much Vitamin D can lead to kidney failure in dogs. Symptoms include vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst and increased urination.
For a full list of the recalled dog food varieties on the Food and Drug administrations website, click here.
Or if you have questions, you can call Sunshine Mills Customer Service at 1-800-705-2111.
Photos courtesy of the FDA.
- Dog food brands recalled over high levels of vitamin D
- Another brand of inclined sleepers recalled over infant safety
- 14,000 cases of a flour brand have been recalled nationwide because of E. coli fears
- Check your pantry: Several brands of buns and rolls are recalled because of a choking hazard
- High bacteria levels trigger advisory for Sunset Bay beach
- Cannon Beach under advisory after high bacteria levels found
- CDC on vaping illness: Vitamin E acetate and THC may be to blame
- Sports Illustrated brand sold for $110 million
- FDA takes action against popular vaping brand
- Your dog's food may be linked to canine heart disease