EUGENE, Ore. -- Last-minute preparations are underway at the Hult Center for Eugene's premiere of Disney's "The Lion King," the winner of six Tony Awards.
The North American Touring productions of "The Lion King" have been seen by more than 20 million theatergoers, and Wednesday the production opens for a two-week engagement.
Two of the performers visited the KEZI 9 News studio for a live interview on KEZI 9 News Midday at 11 a.m.
Ben Lipitz, who plays Pumbaa, has been on tour with "The Lion King" for 16 years. Lipitz and Chante Carmel, who plays Sarabi, told KEZI 9 News more about the production and what audiences can expect.
"The Lion King" won six 1998 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Scenic Design, Best Costume Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Choreography and Best Direction of a Musical. It has also won 70 major arts awards.
Tickets are available at the Hult Center box office, BroadwayInEugene.com, or by phone at 541-682-5000.
- Disney's 'The Lion King' arrives in Eugene
- 'The Lion King' roars into Disney realm of animals just like us
- 'Lion King' first look released
- Stranded Amtrak train passengers arrive in Eugene
- Eugene-Springfield fire crews arrive in Santa Rosa
- UPDATE: Man missing after arriving at Eugene Airport found
- Disney releases new 'Aladdin' trailer
- Thousands of trees arrive for '2,021 for 2021' initiative in Eugene
- Pet of the Week: King
- Blitzing the Preseason: Cottage Grove Lions