EUGENE, Ore. – Officers and SWAT teams responded to a report of someone being shot in a north Eugene neighborhood Tuesday night but said they found no evidence of that being true.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office, Eugene Police Department and Oregon State Police responded to Grove Street off River Road near North Eugene High School around 9 p.m.
People living nearby were told to stay inside.
A KEZI 9 News crew on scene was told to stay back from the scene, and a viewer reported seeing officers with large guns in the area.
Deputies said they are still talking to neighbors in the area but have no indication that anyone was shot.
Most of the law enforcement presence cleared from the area by 11:30 p.m.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Deputies say no evidence of shooting near North Eugene H.S.
- Deputies identify suspect in Eugene shooting
- Deputies seek two men after shooting in Eugene
- Deputies seek suspect in Eugene burglary
- Deputies arrest Florence shooting suspect
- North Eugene High School celebrates Decision Day
- Blitzing the Preseason: North Eugene Highlanders
- PHOTO GALLERY: Churchill beats North Eugene
- Two-A-Days: North Eugene Highlanders
- North Eugene's man behind the numbers