Photo Gallery 5 Images
COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- Coos County deputies are looking for a wanted man after their K-9 was struck by hundreds of porcupine quills during the chase on Saturday.
Deputies said Odin was tracking Devin Wilson, 29, of Coos Bay, who is wanted on several felony warrants. A deputy spotted Wilson on Evergreen Lane in the Barview area, and Odin was brought in when Wilson ran.
In the chase, Odin came across a porcupine, and over 200 quills struck him. Several went inside his mouth and two landed near his left eye. The search was suspended, and Odin was taken to Hansen-Meekins Animal Hospital, where he was sedated and treated.
Odin and Sgt. Adam Slater
Deputies are continuing the search for Wilson, saying he is believed to have committed new crimes in addition to his outstanding warrants.
Odin is recovering after the porcupine attack, deputies said.
On Friday, Odin reached 80 direct captures with the sheriff’s office with the arrest of Barbara Rodriguez, 55, of North Bend, who was wanted on outstanding felony warrants.
Rodriguez is in the Coos County Jail.
- Deputies seek wanted man after K-9 attacked by porcupine
- Oregon K-9 Odin recovering after porcupine attack; porcupine ‘remains at large’
- Odin makes first capture after run-in with porcupine
- Deputies: wanted man goes on Harrisburg rampage
- Deputies seek man building structure in OSU research forest
- Oregon man sentenced to prison for attack on deputy
- K-9 Unleashed event happening Sunday
- Lane County Deputies search for a wanted man
- Eugene Police Department introduces K-9 Cwyk
- Lane County Sheriff's Office plans K-9 fundraiser