TENMILE, Ore. – A man who shot his neighbor in Douglas County may have done it in self-defense, according to detectives.
Deputies were called to Degnath Gateway Lane in Tenmile Tuesday morning, where they said they found Kevin Welker, 57, shot in the leg by his neighbor Kevin Duckworth, 56.
READ MORE: Man injured in Tenmile shooting
Officials said Welker and Duckworth have been involved in an ongoing neighborhood dispute.
Duckworth was arrested in January 2017 after being accused of hitting Welker in the head with a shovel. Court documents show that case was dismissed.
- Deputies say Tenmile shooting may have been self-defense
- Deputies investigate murder in Tenmile
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- Possible motive revealed in Tenmile homicide case
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- Court documents reveal Tenmile stabbing victim's last moments
- Tenmile man dies in industrial accident near Winston
- Man dies in ODOT mowing accident near Tenmile
- Police identify man who died in ODOT mowing accident near Tenmile