ALBANY, Ore. – A former Corvallis city councilor is dead after a crash Tuesday night.
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office said Joel Hirsch, 61, of Albany was driving north on Riverside Drive near Stellmacher Drive, southwest of Albany, when he crossed through the opposing lane of traffic and hit a tree off the shoulder, spinning back up onto the road.
It’s not known what caused the 2007 Nissan Murano to leave its lane.
Deputies said Hirsch was wearing a seatbelt and the vehicle’s airbags deployed.
The Albany Fire Department got Hirsch out of the vehicle, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The State Medical Examiner’s Office, Linn County Road Department and AA Towing also assisted.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have information about where Hirsch was before the crash, contact the sheriff’s office at 541-967-3950.
- Deputies investigating fatal crash near Albany
- Unknown SUV causes fatal crash near Albany, deputies say
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Albany police investigating shooting in southeast Albany
- Albany man killed in crash
- Teenager killed in Albany crash
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield
- Springfield fatal motorcycle crash under investigation