DEPOE BAY, Ore. -- Lincoln County Sheriff’s Deputies responded Thursday afternoon to reports of a man with a covered head and face displaying a gun outside a local store in Depoe Bay.
Kim Nye, 49, of Newport was detained at gunpoint and taken into custody on the charge of disorderly conduct. A standard safety search revealed a black “BB Gun” handgun in his possession, according to a news release from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Witnesses advised the deputies that the man walked away from the store and crossed Highway 101 from East to West before returning to his original location and that he was causing a traffic hazard on the highway. Deputies located Nye on the West side of the highway near NW Sunset Street.
Highway 101 was briefly closed during the incident and no injuries were reported.
Bail has been set at $10,000.
Oregon State Police assisted the sheriff’s office in the incident.
- Deputies arrest armed man in Depoe Bay
- Depoe Bay man arrested after domestic disturbance
- UPDATE: Missing man in Depoe Bay presumed dead
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay police seek public's help finding armed robbery suspect
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Econolodge
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Man arrested after traffic stop in Coos Bay