COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- The Coos County Sheriff’s Office located and arrested an absconded predatory sex offender.
The sheriff’s office received information that 79-year-old Robert Joyner was living in a camp trailer on a property in the Powers, OR area. The property was also the residence of a family which included children. Deputies have no reason to believe the family knew about Joyner’s criminal history or his status as a predatory sexual offender.
Deputies said Joyner’s original conviction was for Sodomy in the First Degree. He was placed on supervision in Clackamas County and absconded in 2011. He has been wanted since then. They said Joyner had additional warrants out of Junction City and Crook County for DUII and Reckless Driving.
Robert Joyner was arrested without incident, according to the sheriff’s office.
- Deputies: Predatory sex offender back in custody
- Authorities warn of sex offender released back into the public
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Klamath Falls detectives arrest Texas sex offenders
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Salem sex offender gets 5 years in prison
- High-risk sex offender arrested in Douglas County
- Convicted sex offender indicted in death, kidnapping of elderly woman
- Police identify girls on same EmX bus as sex offender
- U.S. Marshals Service targets sex offenders in Oregon