Photo Gallery 3 Images
PHILOMATH, Ore. -- A Toledo man is facing manslaughter charges after a deadly hit-and-run crash in Benton County.
Deputies arrested Ricky Ray Ferguson at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday on several charges.
They said earlier that day Ferguson hit two community volunteers that were picking up trash along Highway 20 and drove off.
One of the victims, 70-year-old Robert Ozretich, died at the scene. The other victim, 85-year-old Allan Deutsch was rushed to a Corvallis hospital and remains in the Intensive Care Unit.
Ferguson was taken into custody about four hours later after his truck was spotted at the Blodgett Store, west of Philomath. Benton County deputies said he altered the appearance of his Ford F250 pickup after the crash.
Ferguson is facing charges of manslaughter, assault, reckless driving, hit-and-run, and tampering with evidence.
- Man arrested after deadly hit-and-run in Benton County
- Benton County ballots mailed out
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged in January I-105 hit and run
- Man sentenced to 11 years after deadly double hit-and-run
- One dead in Benton County crash
- Every Child launches in Benton County
- New dispatch system expanding to Benton County
- New scam targets restaurants in Benton County
- Second death shakes Benton County Sheriff's Office
- Benton County Sheriff's Office remembers fallen deputies