DEPOE BAY, Ore. -- A man is in custody after Lincoln County Sheriff’s deputies responded at 2 a.m. Wednesday to the 300 block of Vista Terrace to a report of a disturbance involving a gun, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.
Deputies contacted the caller outside the home and determined that there had been an argument over property inside the home between the caller and family member Christopher A. Lowes, 31, of Depoe Bay.
Authorities say during the argument, Lowes presented a small caliber handgun and a struggle ensued over the firearm, and it discharged. The caller was able to flee the residence and wait for police outside.
Deputies called Lowes outside and took him into custody without incident. He was transported to the Lincoln County Jail, where he is being held on charges of menacing, unlawful use of a firearm and recklessly endangering with his bail set at $80,000.
No one was injured in the incident.
- Depoe Bay man arrested after domestic disturbance
- Deputies arrest armed man in Depoe Bay
- UPDATE: Missing man in Depoe Bay presumed dead
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash
- Man arrested after traffic stop in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man