EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene woman says her ex-boyfriend showed up at her door and attacked her with a baseball bat before another man stabbed him in self-defense.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office says when they responded to the scene, one man was dead and two people were injured.
This happened Sunday morning on Evergreen Drive near River Road.
The woman says her ex was also armed with a knife.
She told KEZI 9 News that her ex barged into the house and struck her twice in the head with the bat. She said another man, who was in the residence at the time, rushed to her defense and attempted to fight the intruder off.
The woman said the intruder tried to stab both of them and they defended themselves. She and her friend were taken to the hospital with injuries.
The man who died has been identified by police as Stephen Durkee, 48, of Eugene. There is no indication that there is a continued threat to the community.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police, and the Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the death.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Woman says ex-boyfriend stabbed in self-defense after assaulting her with bat
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend for cheating
- Oregon woman accused of shooting boyfriend
- Oregon woman will not face charges for killing boyfriend
- Woman's boyfriend, brother killed in crash near Lebanon
- Mother's boyfriend charged in Shady Cove killings
- Officials: Rabid bat found in Eagle Point
- Study: Wind turbines threaten migrating bats
- MAX stabbing suspect accused of assaulting black inmate
- Man accused of stabbing woman in Walton