CRESWELL, Ore. – Three horses were found dead on a property outside of Creswell according to court documents obtained by KEZI 9 News.
In October, 61 horses were removed from the property after an initial investigation showed they were suffering from severe neglect.
The documents show a horse skull with the rest of the carcass covered by a tarp and two dead animals being covered by dirt. For some perspective, it can take six to 12 months for a horse to decompose.
The documents also show pictures of horses with ribs and hip bones overtly showing.
The court documents state some horses were eating their own feces and wooden posts.
Gwenyth Davies, the property owner, faces felony second-degree animal neglect charges.
- Dead horses found on Creswell property
- Neglected horses removed from Creswell property
- Property owner cited after 61 neglected horses seized in Creswell
- More dead horses found at Linn County property
- Some horses released after Creswell seizure
- Owners want horses back after mass seizure in Creswell
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Missing 77-year-old found dead on Weyerhaeuser property
- Linn County seizes 34 horses from property outside Lebanon