EUGENE, Ore. – Representative Peter DeFazio held a town hall meeting at Lane Community College Saturday.
DeFazio took questions and comments from community members about their experience during the partial government shutdown.
While the government is set to reopen temporarily for three weeks, DeFazio said the fate of the government after that is still uncertain.
“There were people saying ‘I have a Ph.D., I’m here because I’m earning less money than I could because I believe in what the government is doing.’ Well, are they going to hang around? I don’t know," DeFazio said.
DeFazio said he plans to take all the messages and feedback he heard from community members Saturday back to Washington D.C.
- Community members share concerns about shutdown at DeFazio town hall
- DeFazio holds town hall meetings at Willamalane, LCC
- DeFazio blasts immigration raids
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- DeFazio: Retaliation still happening at Roseburg VA
- DeFazio meets with federal workers in Eugene after shutdown deal reached
- Veterans express frustration at VA town hall
- Merkley hosts town hall meeting in Springfield
- Oregon lawmaker shares concerns over mailed ballots