WASHINGTON, D.C. -- An Oregon politician is reacting to the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller's report.
Congressman Peter DeFazio said it's crucial that Mueller's report is released to the American people as quickly as possible.
As for the findings that President Donald Trump did not collude with the Russians, DeFazio said he needed more information.
"I don't think it's adequate at all for Congress or for the American people," DeFazio said.
DeFazio said that after over two years of investigation, a four-page report released by Attorney General William Barr over the weekend doesn't cut it and that the House of Representatives is overwhelmingly behind releasing the full report.
"The House has voted unanimously, democrats and republicans, that this report should be released with minimal redactions," DeFazio said.
DeFazio said it's not only the House of Representatives that think this report should be released.
"So, you have the unanimous House of Representatives, I don't know if the Senate has taken a position, and the President of the United States saying it should be released," DeFazio said. "That seems like a slam dunk to me."
DeFazio also said he thinks releasing Mueller's full report will help shed light the findings that President Trump did not collude with Russia in the 2016 election, even though according to DeFazio, several people were indicted or convicted for lying about their contact with the Russians.
- DeFazio: Release Mueller's full report as soon as possible
- Rep. DeFazio talks Mueller report, infrastructure and more
- READ: The full Mueller report
- DeFazio blasts immigration raids
- Mueller report finally being released
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Top judiciary Dem issues subpoena for full Mueller report
- DeFazio: Retaliation still happening at Roseburg VA
- Congressman DeFazio sits down with KEZI
- Canning taking on DeFazio with grassroots campaign