EUGENE, Ore. -- Preparations for the graduation ceremonies at the University of Oregon have been underway for months.
On Sunday, Dandelions Flowers and Gifts' design room was filled with floral arrangements that will be used at the all of the UO ceremonies. Shop Owner Krystal Vincent said a lot of planning goes into the arrangements, saying they started preparing about eight months ago.
"We love being part of this...our whole staff loves this time of the year," said Shirley Lyons, with Dandelions Flowers.
This is the shop's seventh year arranging bouquets for UO. They've got it down to a routine, making sure each arrangement fits each venue.
They also put together arrangements for local high schools, so Vincent said they have staff members dedicated to these orders only.
This year, she said ordering the hundreds of flowers needed to make the bouquets was a little more difficult.
"With the volcano in Hawaii, that affected the prices of flowers and ordering and availability...so we even sourced out of Singapore and Thailand this time," said Vincent.
As a UO grad herself, she said she loves being able to help make the graduates' day a little brighter with their bouquets: "I know what it's like sitting in that chair, looking at your future...and to see beautiful flowers, it just makes it even more special."
They delivered some arrangements to campus on Sunday and will do another delivery early Monday morning.
- Dandelions Flowers prepares for UO graduation ceremonies
- UO graduate teachers reach tentative deal
- UO graduate teachers celebrate new contract
- UO graduate teachers picket, hope for agreement on new contract
- UO football player arrested
- UO prepares for College GameDay to come to Eugene
- UO unanimously approves Nike sponsorship
- UO president's $100K bonus passes
- UO taking precautions against coronavirus
- Eugene flower shop 'Petals it Forward'