Photo Gallery 2 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Crews responded to SE Mill Street in Roseburg Monday morning after reports multiple subjects were seen running away from a railroad tie fire.
Firefighters with Douglas County Fire District No. 2 arrived at the end of the street, near a homeless camp in the area, after 5 a.m. and found an entire pile of railroad ties on fire.
Crews contained the flames but stayed at the scene for a couple of hours to cool the pile.
Fire officials said the railroad wasn’t damaged, but a communications line from a nearby power pole was.
The fire district responded with two brush rigs, one fire engine, two water tenders and a command rig.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Roseburg Police Department and Pacific Power assisted.
- Crews respond to fire near homeless camp in Roseburg
- Crews put out brush fire near homeless camp in Roseburg
- Man hospitalized after stabbing at Roseburg homeless camp
- Crews respond to fire at Springfield Albertsons
- Crews to clear homeless camp on Eugene bike path
- Crews cleaning up homeless camp near Autzen Stadium
- Responders establish camp for Milepost 97 fire
- Special Report: Homeless Camp Costs
- Douglas County fire crews respond to grass fires
- Attic fire displaces Roseburg family