Photo Gallery 3 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Several residents were displaced and a pet dog was killed in an apartment fire in the Whiteaker neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon.
The first calls came in around 4:30 p.m. when witnesses reported at least one person jumping from a second-story balcony.
Officials said nobody was injured, but a pet dog died in the fire.
There are 10 units in the building which is located at Seventh Avenue and Monroe Street.
Only one unit was damaged, but all of the residents were displaced because power was disconnected to the entire building, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Apartment fire displaces residents, kills dog
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Springfield apartment fire displaces two people
- Springfield family displaced after apartment fire
- Seven people displaced after apartment fire in Springfield
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family
- UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family
- Attic fire displaces Roseburg family
- 15 people displaced after devastating fire
- Two Veneta families displaced in overnight house fires