CRESWELL, Ore. -- A 9-year-old girl in Creswell raised around $4,500 with a car wash on Sunday to help buy a prosthetic leg for her father.
Summer Bell brought the community together for a cause very dear to her heart -- giving her father the opportunity to walk again.
Doug Bell had the entire bottom part of his leg amputated recently as the result of an infection, and due to the high cost of a prosthetic, has been unable to walk ever since.
The car wash was held at Point S Tire & Auto Service.
- Creswell girl raises $4,500 for dad's prosthetic leg
- Creswell girl raising money for dad's prosthetic leg
- Creswell man in need of prosthetic leg dies
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Man hospitalized following Creswell shooting
- Two-A-Days: Creswell Bulldogs
- Creswell man arrested in stabbing